Are you a foodie or bourbon enthusiast looking for a way to add spice to your summer barbecue plans? Inspired by our upcoming Bourbon, Brews and BBQ event, here are 5 recipes to transform your cookout favorites from dull to daring.
(click food name to view recipe and cooking details)
- Bourbon Barbequed Pork Chops – This meal follows a simple recipe, making it easy to prepare and a perfect dish for for the family. In just 30 minutes you can bring the cookout to the indoors. Recommended bourbon: Jim Beam Devils Cut Bourbon Whiskey.
- Grilled Prime Rib Steaks with Bourbon-BBQ Baste and Spice Rubbed Grilled Vidalia Onions – Take your prime rib recipe to the next level by adding a bit of kick to your spice rub base. This dish could be fantastic for a romantic dinner for two! Recommended bourbon: Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve.
- Bluegrass Beercheese Melts with Bourbon BBQ Glaze – Use this recipe to add an unexpected twist on the your traditional brunch. If you’re a bacon fanatic, consider cooking your strips in a “basket weave” formation to help it stay put while you enjoy your bourbon-infused melt. Recommended bourbon: Blanton’s Original Single bourbon whiskey.
- Bourbon Beef Tenderloin – This decadent dish will take your romantic summer dinner to a new height (and could even impress your significant other)! Turn this recipe into a meal by pairing it with mashed or baked potatoes. Recommended bourbon: any of your favorite bourbon brands.
- Bourbon BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches and Green Apple Slaw – If you’re hosting a summer get together, consider making these mini sliders for the crowd. Using brioche rolls, you can even save this recipe for upcoming birthday parties and picnics. Did someone say seconds? Yes, please!
If these recipes make your mouth water, join us Bourbon, Brews & BBQ on June 25 to taste local BBQ legends and our top bourbon flavors. All ages are welcome to this event. For more information, visit SixBends.com/BourbonBrewsBBQ.