To thank the many brave individuals who have courageously defended our country, guarded our safety, and helped protect everyone’s personal freedom to ride, Six Bends is hosting a Military Appreciation celebration. We invite the entire Southwest Florida community to join in honoring our resident veterans while enjoying a family-friendly afternoon event.
Looking to find other ways to continually support local veterans? You have opportunities to make a difference year-round! Here’s how:
- Give thanks. Showing veterans they’re appreciated can be as simple as saying “thank you” to those in uniform, sending a letter, or even reaching out on social media platforms to show support.
- Lend a helping hand. There are many organizations, locally and nationally, which depend on volunteers like you to serve the veteran community. Making an effort to dedicate your time, energy and resources to support such groups can have a significant impact in the lives of those who’ve served.
- Donate to a good cause. There are a number of charities that support former military personnel – some build homes for those who cannot afford their own, others offer food and clothing, and some even fund scholarships for children of those wounded in combat. If you’re passionate about a cause, encourage others to donate, too!
- Support their families. If you know of a military family that needs assistance, offer to do everyday tasks such as mowing the lawn, babysitting or picking up a child from school, cooking dinner or other simple gesture that can say ‘thank you’ in a big way.
- Attend events that honor veterans. Whenever possible, show up and be present for events that honor and support our nation’s brave defenders. Attending events dedicated to their service demonstrates to all that our veterans are revered for their sacrifice and will never be forgotten.
Please join us in celebrating the men and women who have protected our freedom to live and ride. Our Military Appreciation Celebration is held annually in November, this year taking place on Nov. 11 from 1:00pm – 4:00pm. Our local L.A.M.A. chapter will cook a special lunch that is free to current and former military personnel with their military ID. Other activities include our annual freedom photo and honor ceremony. For more information about the event, click here.